[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Lock Screen in SuperCard

mlloyd@maths.tcd.ie (Michael Lloyd) (02/27/90)

Listen, have I missed something, or does "Lock Screen" really not mean "Lock
Screen" at all in SC?

I have repeatedly found that commands such as "open window foo" or
"go window foo" cause (unwanted) unlocking of the screen mid-script.

Just allowing that window to become visible would be a pain, but to
actually unlock all future activity is disastrous.

I find I have to "setwindow window foo" before I lock, then I MUST
stick to that window throughout, forcing unwanted constraints on stack
design.

Does anyone out there know what I am hitting here, and what should be done
about it?

Mike.

neves@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (David Neves) (02/27/90)

In article <1990Feb26.192004.25183@maths.tcd.ie> mlloyd@maths.tcd.ie (Michael Lloyd) writes:
>Listen, have I missed something, or does "Lock Screen" really not mean "Lock
>Screen" at all in SC?

I think that lockscreen is specific to the current window.  I have
found that the following tends to work if you want to lock another window.
set the lockscreen of window 2 to true
I am not sure how I figured this out as it doesn't seem to be
documented anywhere.

Be warned that lockscreen has some bugs and doesn't lock every visual
operation (such as highlites).

-David
neves@ils.nwu.edu
Institute for the Learning Sciences, 1890 Maple, Evanston Il 60201