[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Hypercard help requested

kchung@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Kwok Wan Chung) (02/26/90)

I am writing a hypercard stack that has 6 card buttons on a card.  Whenever
I want to create a new card at the end of the stack, I want to have the 6
card buttons created at the same locations on the new card as well.  But they
are not there when I doMenu "New Card".  Is there a simple way that I can
copy the buttons over to a new card?  Please respond by email.  Thank you
in advance.

Kwok

kchung@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Kwok Wan Chung) (02/27/90)

In article <6741@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu>, kchung@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Kwok Wan Chung) writes:
> I am writing a hypercard stack that has 6 card buttons on a card.  Whenever
> I want to create a new card at the end of the stack, I want to have the 6
> card buttons created at the same locations on the new card as well.  But they
> are not there when I doMenu "New Card".  Is there a simple way that I can
> copy the buttons over to a new card?  Please respond by email.  Thank you
> in advance.
>
> Kwok

Thanks to those who sent me responses to my question listed above.  I ended up
writing script to make the buttons every time I create a new card.  The
buttons are of checkbox type and do not represent the same thing on different
cards.  Sorry I didn't mention it in the first place.

Kwok

PETER.LIU@f49.n343.z1.FIDONET.ORG (PETER LIU) (03/01/90)

I hope this helps

on newCard
  doMenu newCard
  go prev
  repeat with x = 1 to 6  -- or however many card buttons
    select card button x
    doMenu Copy
    go next
    do Menu Paste
    go prev
  end repeat
end newCard

  -From one of the Insanes.

^^^^^
The above statement expresses the views of the individual and does
not necessarily reflect the views or concerns of this place of origin.

--
PETER LIU via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!343!49!PETER.LIU