[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] What's new in 1.2.5 ?

keith@ac.dal.ca (03/02/90)

I notice that many people are now using HyperCard 1.2.5. How is HC 1.2.5
different from HC 1.2.2 ?  Does it have new features, fix bugs, or necessary
only to use with newer versions of the system and finder?

Thanks,   Keith

jdevoto@Apple.COM (Jeanne A. E. DeVoto) (03/03/90)

In article <1284@ac.dal.ca> keith@ac.dal.ca writes:
>I notice that many people are now using HyperCard 1.2.5. How is HC 1.2.5
>different from HC 1.2.2 ?  Does it have new features, fix bugs, or necessary
>only to use with newer versions of the system and finder?

HyperCard 1.2.5 is required with system 6.0.4, and can be used only with
that system. Its main purpose in life was compatibility with 6.0.4 and the
new CPUs it was released with; however, there are also some bug fixes which
help prevent corruption of very large (over 8MB) stacks.

1.2.5 has no new features, and both it and 1.2.2 are currently supported
and recommended versions.
--
 jdevoto@apple.com  |  You may not distribute this article under a