[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] MacInTalk problems with HyperCard

kern@arecibo.aero.org (03/03/90)

Is MacinTalk inherently problematic with HyperCard?
I've attached the standard xcmds & xfcns (ie., speak, ...)
to my Home stack, but still, whenever I try to use them
I get the omnipresent bomb dialog.  The machine is a MacIIcx
if that is any help.

JC Kern
kern@arecibo.aero.org

jdevoto@Apple.COM (Jeanne A. E. DeVoto) (03/04/90)

In article <67849@aerospace.AERO.ORG> kern@arecibo.aero.org writes:
>Is MacinTalk inherently problematic with HyperCard?
>I've attached the standard xcmds & xfcns (ie., speak, ...)
>to my Home stack, but still, whenever I try to use them
>I get the omnipresent bomb dialog.  The machine is a MacIIcx
>if that is any help.

Does MacinTalk work with any other programs on your machine?

There are at least two versions of MacinTalk floating around. The earlier
one has crash problems with a II (and presumably also with the IIcx). I
believe the later version is available in the MacDev section of Compu$erve,
and of course through APDA; I'm not sure whether it's available from the
sumex archives. If I remember correctly, you need version 1.31.
--
====== jeanne a. e. devoto ========================================
 jdevoto@apple.com  |  You may not distribute this article under a

neves@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (David Neves) (03/05/90)

Make sure you do a
TurnSpeechOn
before trying to use SAY.  Look in the stack script for Hypermacintalk
to make sure you do everything correctly.  Also see a recent tech
report that says that macintalk won't be around in the next system
release so enjoy it while you can.
neves@ils.nwu.edu
Institute for the Learning Sciences, 1890 Maple, Evanston Il 60201