[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Program that sits on Hypercard

ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Gerald Greenberg) (03/09/90)

OK, here goes ... one more time.  Last July I was at a meeting
of IALL at MIT.  At the meeting I saw a demonstration of a
program that sits on top of Hypercard and lets one program
more esily in Hypercard.  So, one could use this program to
create stacks for foreign language instruction, for example.
I think the product was being developed by someona at Brown
University (maybe not), and that the cost was somewhere around
$45.  I posted an inquiry about this on comp.sys.mac a while
back and nobody knew about this particular program...so I
thought I'd try here.
Does anyone know anything about this?  Thanks in advance.
Gerry

jdevoto@Apple.COM (Jeanne A. E. DeVoto) (03/09/90)

In article <2396@rodan.acs.syr.edu> ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu
(Gerald Greenberg) writes:
>                 ... I saw a demonstration of a
>program that sits on top of Hypercard and lets one program
>more esily in Hypercard.  So, one could use this program to
>create stacks for foreign language instruction, for example.
>Does anyone know anything about this?  Thanks in advance.

I'm not quite sure I know what you mean. Can you give any more details
about what this product does?

There are third-party script editors for HyperCard, that replace the modal
dialog editor with something more flexible that lets you do things like put
more than one script on the screen at once, see a list of items that have
non-empty scripts, and so forth. Is this what you mean?

I believe there's also a stack by Dan Shafer, which was released in the
first few months after HyperCard came out, called Script Expert. This stack
contained tutorial information on the various commands and their form, and
let you write a handler by clicking on buttons corresponding to the commands
you wanted to use. Does this sound like what you're looking for?
--
 jdevoto@apple.com  |  You may not distribute this article under a