[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] HC 2.0 rumors

jk3t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jonathan King) (03/08/90)

andy@gistdev.gist.com (Andy Warinner) writes:
> On a totally different subject...
>
> I have seen some discussion on the net about the supposed features of HC 2.0
> (including the eagerly awaited Mr. Coffee interface).  What is the rumored
> release date of HC 2.0?

MacWeek had a front page rumor on this in the most recent issue.
Since I have no idea whether or not any of it is true, I will only be
pointing rather than telling.  Front page rumors do, however, seem to
map slightly better onto reality than other rumors in this bastion of
press release journalism.

One surprise in this article was the lack of any mention of the Mr.
Coffee interface.  One rumor, which I am starting right now, has it
that the Mr. Coffee interface will not appear in HC 2.0, but will be
released as part of the Caffeine Manager in a later version of the
system software.

> Andrew Warinner    | "Semper ubi sub ubi" - J. Caesar
> GIST, Inc.         | ARPANET: andy%gistdev@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu
> Standard           | UUCP   : {uunet,pur-ee,convex}!uiucuxc!gistdev!andy -or-
> disclaimer...      |
...!uunet!gistdev!andy

jking

disclaimer:  I made it all up.  Really.

tim@hoptoad.uucp (Tim Maroney) (03/09/90)

In article <4ZxbpS600WB3EKeNQ6@andrew.cmu.edu> jk3t+@andrew.cmu.edu
(Jonathan King) writes:
>One surprise in this article was the lack of any mention of the Mr.
>Coffee interface.  One rumor, which I am starting right now, has it
>that the Mr. Coffee interface will not appear in HC 2.0, but will be
>released as part of the Caffeine Manager in a later version of the
>system software.

Almost right, but according to some papers I got from dumpster diving
(I wasn't really looking for classified information, I just kind of
like dumpster diving) it will be called the Caffeine Toolbox.  Caffeine
Manager is an IBM product destined to be part of OS/2.

"I may be nuts but a speedfreak I ain't!" -- Robert Crumb

andy@gistdev.gist.com (Andy Warinner) (03/10/90)

jk3t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jonathan King) writes:

>One surprise in this article was the lack of any mention of the Mr.
>Coffee interface.  One rumor, which I am starting right now, has it
>that the Mr. Coffee interface will not appear in HC 2.0, but will be
>released as part of the Caffeine Manager in a later version of the
>system software.

Rumor has it that the Caffeine Manager is the cause of the delays of
System 7.0 but don't quote me on that.

amanda@mermaid.intercon.com (Amanda Walker) (03/13/90)

In article <892@gistdev.gist.com>, andy@gistdev.gist.com (Andy Warinner)
writes:
> Rumor has it that the Caffeine Manager is the cause of the delays of
> System 7.0 but don't quote me on that.

Well, according to inside sources, all of the source for the Caffeine Manager
was lost in the earthquake.  Since all software development in Cupertino
depends on Caffeine Resources (types 'COLA' and 'KONA', most notably), this
slowed down work on both System 7.0 and HyperCard 2.0...

--
Amanda Walker
InterCon Systems Corporation

"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view."
	--Obi-Wan Kenobi in "Return of the Jedi"

jpb@umbio.miami.edu (Joe Block) (03/14/90)

:
:Well, according to inside sources, all of the source for the Caffeine Manager
:was lost in the earthquake.  Since all software development in Cupertino
:depends on Caffeine Resources (types 'COLA' and 'KONA', most notably), this
:slowed down work on both System 7.0 and HyperCard 2.0...

What about 'JOLT' resources?

--
Joe Block         jpb@umbio.miami.edu
There was a young poet named Dan, whose poetry would never scan,