[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Printing subset of stack?

aperez@cvbnet.UUCP (Arturo Perez x6739) (04/11/90)

Is there anyway to print a subset of a stack using the print capabilities
that you get when you print the whole stack?  Thanx for your help!

Arturo Perez
ComputerVision, a division of Prime
aperez@cvbnet.prime.com
Too much information, like a bullet through my brain -- The Police

jdevoto@Apple.COM (Jeanne A. E. DeVoto) (04/13/90)

In article <198@cvbnetPrime.COM> aperez@cvbnet.UUCP (Arturo Perez x6739) writes:
>Is there anyway to print a subset of a stack using the print capabilities
>that you get when you print the whole stack?  Thanx for your help!

(Oh, the joys of an easily-answered question! :-)

Yes, there is. It's done by using the open printing and close printing
commands, as follows:

  on mouseUp
    open printing         -- optional form: "open printing with dialog"
    print this card
    print card "foo"
    print card ID 2245    -- whatever cards you want to print
    close printing
  end mouseUp

Printing cards in this manner respects the settings in the Print Stack
dialog. If you want to give the user the opportunity to change these
settings before printing, use the optional form "with dialog". The print
command takes any expression that returns a card, so you can specify cards
by name, number, ID, or such constructs as "this card" or "recent card".
--
====== jeanne a. e. devoto ========================================
 jdevoto@apple.com  |  You may not distribute this article under a

chris@inmet.inmet.com (04/13/90)

You can also specify a number of cards to print.
I think you can say (I don't have my hypercard manual here):
print 8 cards

So if you know how many cards in the stack you want to print you
can just say the number instead of naming all the cards.

--chris
chris@inmet.inmet.com
Intermetrics Inc.
Cambridge MA 02138