[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] How to do better than Print Report?

toster@watson.bcm.tmc.edu (Tom Oster) (05/03/90)

In article <1990May2.000359.15963@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu>
yang@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu (Deane Yang) writes:
> I am frustrated with the limited capability of
> the Print Report command.

Aren't we all?

> Is there any way to
> generate a report and have more control over the
> format? If not, how can I at least get it to print
> with a font other than Geneva?

Answers:
Yes and use "Reports" from Activision.  It provodes much more control and allows fonts other than Geneva.  As I recall, it's < $100 from most mail order software places.  The biggest drawback is its less than intuitive setup procedure.

I'm not affiliated with Activision, etc., etc.----

Tom Oster - Computing Resource Center
Baylor College of Medicine
toster@watson.bcm.tmc.edu
Opinions expressed here are mine alone.

MIKE.ATANASIO@f53.n114.z1.fidonet.org (MIKE ATANASIO) (05/05/90)

deane, there re several xcmds that can assist in printing.. REPORTS! a
commerical program got mixed reviews but seemed to get the job done..
there was one other commercial stack that allowed better printing.. look
for the xcmds on america online.. mike

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!53!MIKE.ATANASIO
Internet: MIKE.ATANASIO@f53.n114.z1.fidonet.org

willcox@urbana.mcd.mot.com (David A Willcox) (05/08/90)

In article <819@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> toster@watson.bcm.tmc.edu (Tom Oster) writes:

>> Is there any way to
>> generate a report and have more control over the
>> format? If not, how can I at least get it to print
>> with a font other than Geneva?

>Answers:
>Yes and use "Reports" from Activision.  It provodes much more control
>and allows fonts other than Geneva.  As I recall, it's < $100 from
>most mail order software places.  The biggest drawback is its less
>than intuitive setup procedure.

A much cheaper alternative, and one that might suit your needs, is the
PrintReport XCMD.  It lets you use different fonts, and control which
cards are printed.  It's shareware, and its at sumex.

(This is an unpaid commercial announcement.)

David A. Willcox
Motorola MCD - Urbana		UUCP: ...!uiucuxc!udc!willcox
1101 E. University Ave.		INET: willcox@urbana.mcd.mot.com
Urbana, IL 61801		FONE: 217-384-8534