[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Problem With Hypercard Sounds

ericf@montreux (Eric Feigenson) (05/07/90)

I have Hypercard 1.2.2 on my recently installed OS 6.0.5, and recently
was bopping around trying out some of the old stacks that come with
HC, and discovered that if I try the phone stack, and ask it to dial
(with the dialing coming out of the speaker) my machine hangs.  The
cursor moves with the mouse, but no click or keystroke will get its
attention.  Aside from system 6.0.5, I also have FinderSounds
installed, which may be the culprit.

Has anyone else seen this kind of anti-social behavior from Hypercard
with System 6.0.5?  I do have tons of inits & cdevs loaded, but they
never caused any problems before.

Thanks for your help!

-Eric
ericf@zurich.ai.mit.edu

mwilkins@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Mark Wilkins) (05/07/90)

  If you have System 6.0.5 you should be using HC 1.2.5.

-- Mark Wilkins

jdevoto@Apple.COM (Jeanne A. E. DeVoto) (05/07/90)

In article <8285@life.ai.mit.edu> ericf@zurich.ai.mit.edu (Eric Feigenson)
writes:
>I have Hypercard 1.2.2 on my recently installed OS 6.0.5, and recently
>was bopping around trying out some of the old stacks that come with
>HC, and discovered that if I try the phone stack, and ask it to dial
>(with the dialing coming out of the speaker) my machine hangs.

This incompatibility was the main reason for the release of HyperCard 1.2.5,
which is required when using System versions later than 6.0.3. You can
get the newer version of HyperCard from your Apple dealer.
--
 jdevoto@apple.com     |  You may not distribute this article under a

jlc@atux01.UUCP (J. Collymore) (05/08/90)

Eric:

I believe you need to use HyperCard 1.2.5 with System 6.0.4 or later.

						Jim Collymore