[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] HypCard and Color Monitors. Help!

tomokos@oregon.uoregon.edu (05/30/90)

	Does anyone out there know of a way to get HyperCard to check (and
set?) the Monitor CDEV on the control panel to 2 grays. I want my visual
effects to work on any machine, but they don't on anything but 2 grays.
Also, does anyone know if Apple has addressed this problem? Or do they even
consider it a problem?

	I'll greatly appreciate any advice that can be given. Thanks!

Ross Sanders
Univ. of Oregon

aron@garnet.berkeley.edu (Aron Roberts) (05/30/90)

In article <19624.2662b7a8@oregon.uoregon.edu> tomokos@oregon.uoregon.edu writes:
>	Does anyone out there know of a way to get HyperCard to check (and
>set?) the Monitor CDEV on the control panel to 2 grays. I want my visual
>effects to work on any machine, but they don't on anything but 2 grays.
>Also, does anyone know if Apple has addressed this problem? Or do they even
>consider it a problem?

  Unlike HyperCard 1.xx, visual effects in HyperCard 2.0 will be displayed
in modes other than 2-bits (black-and-white) per pixel.

Aron Roberts  Workstation Support Services . 219 Evans Hall
              University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720
              aron@garnet.berkeley.edu . ucbvax!garnet!aron
              aron@ucbgarne.bitnet . (415) 642-5974