[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] New Page in TeachText

ralph@computing-maths.cardiff.ac.uk (Ralph Martin) (06/14/90)

I am using Hypercard, and writing to a file, which I am then using TeachText
to print out. One thing I want to do is every so often force a new page.
the obvious
write formfeed to file whatever
doesnt work. Can anyone give me any ideas on how I might be able to do it?
Thanks. Ralph

andyp@treehous (Andy Peterman) (06/16/90)

In article <1990Jun14.155909.2162@computing-maths.cardiff.ac.uk> ralph@computing-maths.cardiff.ac.uk (Ralph Martin) writes:
>I am using Hypercard, and writing to a file, which I am then using TeachText
>to print out. One thing I want to do is every so often force a new page.
>the obvious
>write formfeed to file whatever
>doesnt work. Can anyone give me any ideas on how I might be able to do it?
>Thanks. Ralph

You can't!  Teachtext pages differently depending on the width of the window.
The size of the window TeachText uses is initially dependent on the size of
the screen.  Try squeezing the window real thin and see what happens.

I don't know of any text editors that can do a "form feed" as such.  I've
been able to trick MPW into sending one with a certain character sequence
(I use //FF in the first column), but without going to a real word
processor, I'm not sure you can do what you're trying to do.

	Andy Peterman