[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Hypercard stacks concerned with human anatomy

cj@deakin.OZ.AU (Chris Bigum) (06/27/90)

I have a colleague who is interested to know if there are
hypercard stacks concerned with the teaching of human anatomy,
in particular the muscles of the body. If anyone has information
about such stacks she would be very grateful.

Chris Bigum, School of Education,
Deakin University, Victoria, 3127 Australia
Phone: +62 52 471493;  Email:  cj@deakin.oz.au

blob@apple.com (Brian Bechtel) (06/27/90)

In article <548@sol.deakin.OZ.AU> cj@deakin.OZ.AU (Chris Bigum) writes:
> I have a colleague who is interested to know if there are
> hypercard stacks concerned with the teaching of human anatomy,
> in particular the muscles of the body.

Two different sets of stacks of which I've seen demos recently on
Applelink are:

                        Name:   Dorothy W. McKay, Ph.D.
                     Company:   Max Stax, etcetera
                     Address:   2215 W. Eugie
              City/State/Zip:   Phoenix, AZ 85029
                   Telephone:   (602) 993-8415
                   AppleLink:   D3666

and

Luinda Bleackley
Folkstone Design Inc.
Box 44 GranthamUs Landing
B.C., Canada, V0N 1X0
(604) 886-4502
AppleLink address: D5919

You can contact either by using the internet address
foo@applelink.apple.com, substituting their Applelink address for "foo"

--Brian Bechtel     blob@apple.com     "My opinion, not Apple's"

ianf@nada.kth.se (07/01/90)

Chris Bigum <cj@deakin.oz.au> writes:

> I have a colleague who is interested to know if there are
> hypercard stacks concerned with the teaching of human anatomy,
> in particular the muscles of the body. If anyone has information
> about such stacks she would be very grateful.

  There is a widely-available Neurology-stack floating around; it's
  quite nicely done and teaches one more about synapses than one cares
  to remember. I've seen it on a number of Mac PD diskettes, including
  (most certainly) those from EduCorp.  I've also seen at least one
  anantomy (spinal in this case) stack that was not of PD type, but used
  for education at a major Swedish clinic.

--Ian Feldman  /  ianf@nada.kth.se  /  "It doesn't matter who wins the
              /  election.  The government will still be in power"