[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] REPOST: PostScript printing from HC

Irv.Kanode@p3.f53.n114.z1.fidonet.org (Irv Kanode) (07/02/90)

> From: jv@mh.nl (Johan Vromans)
>
> I am writing a HC stack which produces PostScript output to be sent to
> a LaserWriter. Currently, it creates a PostScript disk file, which
> must be downloaded manually.

I am sending you by Air Mail a HyperCard stack I wrote several years ago that
prints both handwritten PostScript code and PostScript code generated by
programs
such as Adobe Illustrator.  I and several friends tried to market it
commercially
but couldn't arouse enough interest.

It was originally designed to use the PostScript Escape font but we ran into
problems every time Apple updated the LaserWriter drivers.  Recently a friend
wrote an XCMD which seems to work all the time.  It is now used by all the
templates
in this stack.  (Please contact him for permission before you distribute it
to anyone outside your organization.)

His name is:
Greg Kruckewitt
3344 Chesapeake Bay
Davis, CA 95616

The "Name Card" template has been updated to use "Pop Up" menus to select the
font.  The other templates are in various stages of revision.

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!53.3!Irv.Kanode
Internet: Irv.Kanode@p3.f53.n114.z1.fidonet.org