[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Problems with CLUTs in SuperCard 1.5 and AfterDark

jonke@kong.gsfc.nasa.gov (Stephen Jonke - Code 522) (07/13/90)

I've had problems changing CLUTs in SuperCard v1.5.  If I change from the
"System" CLUT to the "Rainbow" CLUT, and then switch back to the "System"
CLUT, the colors are screwed up.  In particular, my dark blue background
changes to light blue when I select the "Rainbow" CLUT, then when I switch
back to the "System" CLUT it turns into a light purple color instead of
dark blue.  If a section of the screen is refreshed (by moving a window,
etc.) then the dark blue returns in that area.  It definitely has
something to do with the After Dark screen saver program, because if I
turn it off I don't have a problem.  Has any one else noticed this?

Steve J.
--
Steve Jonke/NASA Goddard Space Flight Center

jonke@kong.gsfc.nasa.gov (Stephen Jonke - Code 522) writes:

>etc.) then the dark blue returns in that area.  It definitely has
>something to do with the After Dark screen saver program, because if I
>turn it off I don't have a problem.  Has any one else noticed this?

I take that back, it doesn't seem to involve AfterDark.  It simply stopped
doing it after I turned AfterDark on.  I later tried leaving AfterDark off and
rebooting my Mac.  Then when I tried changing the CLUT again, I had the same
problem even though AfterDark was turned off.  I've noticed that sometimes it
will occur several times in a row, and other times it only happens once and
then everything is fine.  Does anybody have an idea what's causing this
problem?

Steve
--
Steve Jonke/NASA Goddard Space Flight Center