[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] HC documentation

tgl@zog.cs.cmu.edu (Tom Lane) (07/19/90)

In article <1277@idunno.Princeton.EDU>, eacelari@phoenix.Princeton.EDU
(Edward A Celarier) writes:
> [a question somebody else already answered]
> Also:  Why is there no definitive documentation on hypercard function,
> hypertext syntax, and so on?  Even Goodman, for all its weight, is
> sparse!

You want the HyperCard Script Language Guide, published by Addison-Wesley,
ISBN 0-201-17632-7; my copy is hardback and cost $22.95.  This is written by
Apple and is the only HC book I've ever seen that thinks its reader has a
3-digit IQ.

It's not perfect; for instance, the key point in the answer to your question
(that startUp is sent *after* openStack) doesn't seem to be in the book.
But it does give syntax details and so forth.

I do hope that an updated version for HC 2.0 will be out REAL SOON.
Apple, are you listening?

--
				tom lane
Internet: tgl@cs.cmu.edu