[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Cant read bgd id xxxx at location 5454.

jfmjfm@caen.engin.umich.edu (John F. Mansfield) (08/08/90)

Hi there we keep getting this error message ( in subject) in a stack
we are developing.  It isnt very informative and we'd like to know if
any one can help us.

Kammy Caruss and John Mansfield

In article <1990Aug7.202108.12415@caen.engin.umich.edu> jfmjfm@caen.engin.umich.edu (John F. Mansfield) writes:

>Hi there we keep getting this error message ( in subject) in a stack
>we are developing.  It isnt very informative and we'd like to know if
>any one can help us.
>
>Kammy Caruss and John Mansfield

Sorry forgot to mention, this corrupts the stack and
crashes Hypercard.

stadler@Apple.COM (Andy Stadler) (08/08/90)

In article <1990Aug7.202753.12731@caen.engin.umich.edu>
 jfmjfm@caen.engin.umich.edu (John F. Mansfield) writes:

>>Hi there we keep getting this error message ( in subject) in a stack
>>we are developing.  It isnt very informative and we'd like to know if
>>any one can help us.
>>
>>Kammy Caruss and John Mansfield
>>
>Sorry forgot to mention, this corrupts the stack and
>crashes Hypercard.

Well, actually, this message -reports- the corruption.  The stack is already
blown.  Why is this message so cryptic?  Well, basically, it's a pretty low-
level problem, and HC really doesn't know what's wrong.  All of a sudden a
particular element of the stack file has been read with totally unexpected
results.

Sorry.   --Andy      stadler@apple.com