[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] HyperCard Help Needed

jg23+@andrew.cmu.edu (John Robert Gray) (08/11/90)

  Hi, my problem is when I go to my Calendar in HyperCard all of the dates
is out of place.  I am using HyperCard 1.2.5.  Thanks for any help.

John Gray

clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu (Chaz Larson) (08/13/90)

In article <kaktIR200WB5AkQVt5@andrew.cmu.edu> jg23+@andrew.cmu.edu (John Robert Gray) writes:
>  Hi, my problem is when I go to my Calendar in HyperCard all of the dates
>is out of place.  I am using HyperCard 1.2.5.  Thanks for any help.

This same problem sidetracked me for a few days... In my case, the problem was
that I had reset the default application font to something other than Geneva,
I think Palatino.  Palatino is a proportional font, so the nice rows and
columns in the Hypercard calendar didn't line up anymore.

I would try this.  Open the Calendar, select the field tool, and then set the
font in each of the "out of place" fields to Geneva, Monaco, Courier, or some
other _non-proportional_ font.  This should clear it up

BTW, I'm assuming that by "out of place" you mean something like this:

right:
 1    2    3    4    5    6    7
 8    9   10   11   12   13   14

"out of place":
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 8  9  10  11  12  13  14

<chaz>

--
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
       "Must think...bubble pipe will relax me and I think..."

englfz@jetson.uh.edu (08/14/90)

In article <kaktIR200WB5AkQVt5@andrew.cmu.edu>, jg23+@andrew.cmu.edu (John Robert Gray) writes:
>   Hi, my problem is when I go to my Calendar in HyperCard all of the dates
> is out of place.  I am using HyperCard 1.2.5.  Thanks for any help.
>
> John Gray

We've run into what may be similar problems here a lot.  Our problem is that
we've got different macs (from pluses to a CI) that run different system
versions.  We've found that what looks good under 6.0.2 looks all messed
up under 6.0.3.  The 6.0.2 was a plus and the 6.0.3 machine was a SE/30.
We couldn't find a good solution for this discrepancy, so anything we
distrubute which contains overlaying fields is really an imported
screen dump.

What this all boils down to is that you may have to get in there and move
the field(s) with the dates on it/them so it looks OK on your machine.

Hope this helps a little

 Ed Gibler                              University of Houston
 ENGLFZ@JETSON.uh.edu                English Computer Writing Lab