[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] HC 1.2.5 Bug or Me ?

Sharkey@ccu.umanitoba.ca (08/30/90)

Hi.

I've got a wierd one.

I have a card with two card fields "text" and "test"

I also have a button with script

on mouseUp
  get ( card field "text" )
  put " " into card field "text"
  put it into card field "test"
  put it into card field "text"
end mouseUp

 Here's is the wierd part, card field "text" has
 been restored to its normal state.  But card field
 test  is still empty.

  This has happened to me several times while creating
 stacks,  I'm using HC 1.2.5 and multifinder 6.0.4

  Does anyone know what gives?

Robert Fontaine
umfonta6@ccu.umanitoba.ca
:-)

umfonta6@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Robert Fontaine) (08/31/90)

Hi again

I finally got my script to work by creating a new card
and just tranferring the scripts.

I still don't know why HC would not let me use one of my
fields.

man@eilat.cs.brown.edu (Mark H. Nodine) (09/01/90)

In article <1990Aug30.201740.14271@ccu.umanitoba.ca>,
umfonta6@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Robert Fontaine) writes:
|>I finally got my script to work by creating a new card
|>and just tranferring the scripts.

|>I still don't know why HC would not let me use one of my
|>fields.

Well, that's what counts.  One thought occurred to me as to why you were
having problems before.  Is it
possible that you had _two_ fields named "Test" on your original card:
one a background field and one a
card field, right on top of each other?  It's easy to do that
accidentally.  In that case, your script would have filled in the
background field, but you would have been looking at the unchanged card
field in front.

	--Mark

bose@milton.u.washington.edu (Rob Olsen) (09/05/90)

In article <1990Aug29.215956.17538@ccu.umanitoba.ca> Sharkey@ccu.umanitoba.ca writes:
>on mouseUp
>  get ( card field "text" )
>  put " " into card field "text"
>  put it into card field "test"
>  put it into card field "text"
>end mouseUp

Why don't you use card field ID instead of their name?  It faster and more reliable.  I think you might type a wrong name or the field "test" is a background
field.

Why do you need () for card field "text"?

  get cd fld id xx   should be good enough

  -From one of the Insanes.