[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] XCMD to show graphics?

EX0@psuvm.psu.edu (08/16/90)

I am looking for an XCMD to show a graphic from an external file.  The file can
 be MacPaint or PICT.  The graphic must be non-modal (the user can click on oth
er buttons, type in fields, etc.).  I must be able to specify where the graphic
 appears as well.  I have found several XCMD's that look in the resource fork o
f the current file for PICTs and display them, but I need to bring the graphic
in from an external source.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Brett Bixler
EX0 @ PSUVM
ISAL on CONNECT
Lit.Askov on AppleLink

stm@apple.com (Steve Maller) (09/07/90)

In article <90228.101611EX0@psuvm.psu.edu> EX0@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
> I am looking for an XCMD to show a graphic from an external file.
> The file can be MacPaint or PICT.  The graphic must be non-modal
> (the user can click on other buttons, type in fields, etc.).  I must
> be able to specify where the graphic appears as well.

HyperCard 2.0 contains a built-in XCMD called Picture which will do
what you want.

Steve Maller
HyperCard Engineering Team
Apple Computer