[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] ResCopy and where is Maller?

viking@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (Jon W. Backstrom) (08/31/90)

I'm relatively new to HyperCard and I've been using Steve Maller's
ResCopy XCMD extensively.  What is the latest version and where can I
get it?  (Mine is 4.0b1  24-Dec-87)

His address is listed as: maller1@applelink.apple.com, but that no
longer seem to work.  Is he working on a version for HC 2.0?

Thank you!  (Steve?)

 Jon W. Backstrom             Interactive Multimedia and Electronic Publishing
 Applied Digital Arts
 P.O. Box 176                   Internet: viking@copper.ucs.indiana.edu
 Bloomington, IN  47402-0176    UUCP: {ames,rutgers,att}!iuvax!copper!viking

mouse@vaxb.acs.unt.edu (Dhanapong Saengrussamee-University of North Texas) (09/01/90)

In article <55959@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>,
viking@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (Jon W. Backstrom) writes:
>                                 and I've been using Steve Maller's
> ResCopy XCMD extensively.  What is the latest version and where can I
> get it?  (Mine is 4.0b1  24-Dec-87)

The latest that I saw, so far, is (was) 4.1b3 March'90.

> His address is listed as: maller1@applelink.apple.com, but that no
> longer seem to work.
>
> Thank you!  (Steve?)
>
>  Jon W. Backstrom

His current AppleLink is MALLER, no 1 at the end.

It is on AppleLink in March '90 HyperCard archived under User Groups area.
I don't know where on Netland is that thing, sorry.  Probably somebody will
point you to it.

Be patient!  Wait a couple days.  If no answer by then, --> E-MAIL <-- me
and let see what I can do for you.  This also includes the "me too".  8^)

__Mouse.o()~

Dhanapong Saengrussamee       | AppleLink: U1364 | BITNET: mouse@untvax
Technical Support, CECS Dept. | BIX: d.mouse.s | Compu$erve: 71301,1516
University of North Texas     | Internet: mouse@vaxb.acs.unt.edu
PO Box 5155 - UNT Station     | UUCP: ...!uunet!ntvax!vaxb.acs.unt.edu!mouse
Denton, TX 76203-5155         | Phone: (817) 565-4435 | FAX: (817) 565-4425

stm@apple.com (Steve Maller) (09/07/90)

W. Backstrom) writes:
> I'm relatively new to HyperCard and I've been using Steve Maller's
> ResCopy XCMD extensively.  What is the latest version and where can I
> get it?  (Mine is 4.0b1  24-Dec-87)
>
> His address is listed as: maller1@applelink.apple.com, but that no
> longer seem to work.  Is he working on a version for HC 2.0?

The latest version of ResCopy is, unfortunately, still not fully
2.0-compatible. I am working on improving it for full 2.0 compatibility,
and will post it as soon as it is done.

In answer to your other question, I have been working very hard on
HyperCard 2.0 itself and am just now coming up for air. And my AppleLink
address is MALLER.

Steve Maller
HyperCard Engineering Team
Apple Computer