[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Creating a new stack

eaiu071@orion.oac.uci.edu (Johnathon Suker) (09/01/90)

I am posting this for a friend who is trying to create an application in
hypercard.

He is trying to create a stack from withing another stack and name it without
the "Stack Name" dialog box coming up.  He wants to be able to create a stack
while the screen is lock and not allow the user to name the stack or intervene
with the creation of the new stack.  If you have any ideas regarding creating
stacks from within a running stack please e-mail me or post to the newsgroup.
		Thank you,
		Johnathon Suker

jdevoto@Apple.COM (Jeanne A. E. DeVoto) (09/01/90)

In article <26DE9F91.3718@orion.oac.uci.edu> eaiu071@orion.oac.uci.edu
(Johnathon Suker) writes:
>He is trying to create a stack from withing another stack and name it without
>the "Stack Name" dialog box coming up.  He wants to be able to create a stack
>while the screen is lock and not allow the user to name the stack or intervene
>with the creation of the new stack.

I've seen a couple of XCMDs to create a new, empty stack without a dialog.
However, a "create stack" command that works without displaying a dialog will
be part of HyperCard 2.0.

--
========= jeanne a. e. devoto ========================================
 jdevoto@apple.com     |  You may not distribute this article under a

Mike.Affourtit@f430.n110.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Mike Affourtit) (09/04/90)

JS> He is trying to create a stack from withing another stack and name
JS> it without the "Stack Name" dialog box coming up.

There is a stack out there in shareware land that allows this. It changes the
new stack into a resource and then you can create it from the "parent" stack.
I am not sure of all the details, and I forget the name. Anyone out there
that still has this or remembers the name?

--
Mike Affourtit via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!110!430!Mike.Affourtit

dgraham@kean.ucs.mun.ca (David Graham) (09/07/90)

In article <69422.26E66DD6@cmhgate.FIDONET.ORG>,
Mike.Affourtit@f430.n110.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Mike Affourtit) writes:
> JS> He is trying to create a stack from withing another stack and name
> JS> it without the "Stack Name" dialog box coming up.
>
> There is a stack out there in shareware land that allows this. It changes the
> new stack into a resource and then you can create it from the "parent" stack.
> I am not sure of all the details, and I forget the name. Anyone out there
> that still has this or remembers the name?

I would also be interested in this if anyone can locate it.

   David Graham					dgraham@kean.ucs.mun.ca