[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Hypercard 2.0?

jongminp@cae.wisc.edu (Jong-Min Park) (09/07/90)

I think I saw some mention about HC 2.0 being available
in August. Is it? My dealer doesn't have it. When is
it available? How much (free to registered users)?
Any ftp site that has it?

Please e-mail to jongminp@cae.wisc.edu

saaf@joker.optics.rochester.edu (Lennart Saaf) (09/07/90)

JP> I think I saw some mention about HC 2.0 being available
JP> in August.

So did I.

JP> Is it?

No.

JP> When is it available?

My crystal ball says 50-50 chance by Halloween.  Anyone want to start
a pool?

JP> How much (free to registered users)?

Free unless you want the new documentation.

JP> Any ftp site that has it?

Apple is setting up a new machine for anonymous ftp.  It should be
available when the machine is set up and 2.0 is released.

| Len Saaf, The Institute of Optics, Univ. of Rochester, Rochester, NY |
| Internet: saaf@joker.optics.rochester.edu        Bitnet: SAAF@UOROPT |

dgraham@kean.ucs.mun.ca (David Graham) (09/07/90)

In article <SAAF.90Sep6162142@joker.optics.rochester.edu>,
saaf@joker.optics.rochester.edu (Lennart Saaf) writes:

> JP> I think I saw some mention about HC 2.0 being available
> JP> in August.
>
> So did I.

Our local dealer said they had been told to look for it first week in
September, but they haven't called me yet to say it's in... (surprise,
surprise)

> JP> How much (free to registered users)?
>
> Free unless you want the new documentation.

Local dealer says $51 (Cdn) including manuals, with no free upgrades
available, since it's supposedly entirely new... Could this just be
the traditional Apple Canada ripoff game?

> | Len Saaf, The Institute of Optics, Univ. of Rochester, Rochester, NY |
> | Internet: saaf@joker.optics.rochester.edu        Bitnet: SAAF@UOROPT |
   David Graham					dgraham@kean.ucs.mun.ca

SKG102@psuvm.psu.edu (09/08/90)

My crystal ball says not before January and maybe not during the second
quarter which is Jan-Mar.  I'm beginning to think we may never see this
product.

                                                     Scott

jkc@Apple.COM (John Kevin Calhoun) (09/09/90)

In article <90251.115909SKG102@psuvm.psu.edu> SKG102@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>My crystal ball says not before January and maybe not during the second
>quarter which is Jan-Mar.  I'm beginning to think we may never see this
>product.
>

>                                                     Scott

Your crystal ball is dirty, sorry.

Kevin Calhoun
Software engineer
Apple Computer

JAHAYES@MIAMIU.BITNET (09/11/90)

I think we'll see it around January. I saw a demo at my local
user's group meeting, and while it was a tad buggy, there were
no irrecoverable crashes, and it worked pretty much as advertised
in the respects demonstrated.

I am not personally interested in it, but my spouse is a hypertalk
programmer and is itching to get her hands on it.

Dosclaimer: I don't use DOS.
Disclaimer: I DO use dis mac, though....also, I never lie, and
            I'm always right.

Josh Hayes, Zoology Department, Miami University, Oxford OH 45056
voice: 513-529-1679      fax: 513-529-6900
jahayes@miamiu.bitnet, or jahayes@miamiu.acs.muohio.edu
And what do you think you'll do, all alone with an old fish?

tel@adimail.UUCP (Terry Monks) (09/11/90)

If you have the last Developers` CD, you have Hypercard 2.0 masquerading as
the d e v e l o p magazine...

--
Terry Monks        Automata Design Inc    (703) 472-9400

mrx@dhw68k.cts.com (Mark Murphy) (09/11/90)

In article <90251.115909SKG102@psuvm.psu.edu> SKG102@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>My crystal ball says not before January and maybe not during the second
>quarter which is Jan-Mar.  I'm beginning to think we may never see this

   I've heard through the rumor mill that Apple is trying to decide whether
to release HC 2.0 through Claris or not.  This is suppose to be the hold up.
My sources say that HC 2.0 is ready to ship....

mark				mrx@dhw68k.cts.com

gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (09/12/90)

---------
In article <528@adimail.UUCP>, tel@adimail.UUCP (Terry Monks) writes...

>If you have the last Developers` CD, you have Hypercard 2.0 masquerading as
>the d e v e l o p magazine...

Actually I think that is SuperCard, isn't it?

Robert

= gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu * generic disclaimer: * "It's more fun to =
=            		         * all my opinions are *  compute"         =
=                                * mine                *  -Kraftwerk       =

tel@adimail.UUCP (Terry Monks) (09/12/90)

Several people have pointed out that among the many things which I
cannot distinguish from a hole in the ground are SuperCard and
HyperCard 2.0. Sorry to have misled the others.

--
Terry Monks        Automata Design Inc    (703) 472-9400