[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Need XCMD that Compresses Text

psych@watserv1.waterloo.edu (R.Crispin - Psychology) (09/19/90)

I am writing a HC stack to do some indexing on the files that can be
generated from the News. I would like to be able to store the files
in a compressed form. Does anyone know of an XCMD or XFNC that can
compress/uncompress a file on the fly or an XFNC that can do this to
a variable. I have looked in a number of places and have had no luck.

Please, reply directly to one of the accounts listed below.

Thanks

Richard Crispin              Phone:    (519)888-4781
Dept. of Psychology          Bitnet:   psych@watdcs
University of Waterloo       Internet: psych@watserv1.UWaterloo.ca
Waterloo, Ont.   Canada   N2L 3G1

leonr@cs.glasgow.ac.uk (Dr Ruben Leon) (09/20/90)

In article <1990Sep19.122635.2287@watserv1.waterloo.edu> psych@watserv1.waterloo.edu (R.Crispin - Psychology) writes:
>I am writing a HC stack to do some indexing on the files that can be
>generated from the News. I would like to be able to store the files
>in a compressed form. Does anyone know of an XCMD or XFNC that can

Free Text v1.01 by Mark Zimmermann available from many FTP sites,
(Sumex amongst others), is probably what you are looking for.

--
Ruben Leon,  Computing Science Dept || Tel: 44 41+ 330 4264  / 330 4463
Glasgow University, Scotland	    || Fax: 44 41+ 330 4913