[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Changes since theBook?

Barry.Chern@p4.f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Barry Chern) (09/18/90)

Hi, Steve,

since you seem to be the chatty one on the team these days \; >) I thought I'd
throw my big question at you.  I've been wondering if I should run out and by
2.0, the Book (well, walk maybe. It'll take me awhile to raise the cash anyway),
or wait for a second edition so they can catch up with changes that were made
between the time the book went to press and 2.0 is actually released. Any sense
of what all went on in that lag time?

Barry

--
Barry Chern via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!200.4!Barry.Chern

jdevoto@Apple.COM (Jeanne A. E. DeVoto) (09/20/90)

In article <71352.26F6CF1A@cmhgate.FIDONET.ORG>
Barry.Chern@p4.f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Barry Chern) writes:
>Hi, Steve,

I'm not Steve, and he may Come to Get Me if I presume to play him on the
net (hi, Steve :-), but....

>           [. . .]       I've been wondering if I should run out and by
>2.0, the Book [...] or wait for a second edition so they can catch up with
>changes that were made between the time the book went to press and 2.0 is
>actually released.

The Book (tm) has an appendix containing last-minute changes to
HyperTalk 2.0. From what I hear, it's pretty complete; there may
have been a few more additions, but I wouldn't delay getting The
Book for some indeterminate time (who knows when or it they'll do
a second addition?) because it may not contain a function or two.
That's what release note stacks are for, after all....
--
 jdevoto@apple.com     |  You may not distribute this article under a