[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] IIci pricing

ar4@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Piper Keairnes) (09/26/90)

In <25694@muvms3.bitnet> mcguffey@muvms3.bitnet (Michael McGuffey) writes:

>The difference in price, assuming both schools are using the same Apple
>price list (there are at least two that I know of), can be explained by
>the "dealer markup".  Our bookstore charges some % over one of the lists.
>Other schools may charge more or less.

We get our Apple Education Pricing through ComputerLand. Now I see the
picture. I remember looking for 3.5" DS/DD disks one time and saw that a pack
of 10 cost $35 at ComputerLand.

Retail is for idiots and corporate purchasers ;-)

Thanks...

-----
Piper Keairnes
ar4@sage.cc.purdue.edu

anthony.APPLECON@csmac.cs.adelaide.edu.au (Anthony Dunstan) (09/26/90)

   >The difference in price, assuming both schools are using the same Apple
   >price list (there are at least two that I know of), can be explained by
   >the "dealer markup".  Our bookstore charges some % over one of the lists.
   >Other schools may charge more or less.

   We get our Apple Education Pricing through ComputerLand. Now I see the
   picture. I remember looking for 3.5" DS/DD disks one time and saw that a
   pack of 10 cost $35 at ComputerLand
   Retail is for idiots and corporate purchasers ;-)

   Thanks...

   -----
   Piper Keairnes
   ar4@sage.cc.purdue.edu

***HyperFLAME ON***

comp.sys.mac.H Y P E R C A R D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Piper, you are a moron.

This group is a HyperCard group, Mr. Braindead-Piper     so naff_off
And that goes for the rest of you idiots who persist on using this newsgroup
as a hardware stomping ground.

***HyperFLAME OFF***

Anthony.

|   Anthony Dunstan             University of Adelaide Apple Consortium   |
| A Macintosh CyberMan         anthony.APPLECON@csmac.cs.adelaide.edu.au  |

viking@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (Jon W. Backstrom) (09/27/90)

In article <1512@sirius.ucs.adelaide.edu.au> anthony.APPLECON@csmac.cs.adelaide.edu.au (Anthony Dunstan) writes:

>***HyperFLAME ON***
>Piper, you are a moron.
>This group is a HyperCard group, Mr. Braindead-Piper     so naff_off
>And that goes for the rest of you idiots who persist on using this newsgroup
>as a hardware stomping ground.
>***HyperFLAME OFF***
>|   Anthony Dunstan             University of Adelaide Apple Consortium   |

Please...chill out a bit.  What are you going to run your
H Y P E R C A R D on anyway?  A PC perhaps??  I think it's interesting to
hear about regional deals and I don't mind the 10-12 articles
that seem to have offended your sensibilies.

Being rude and nasty doesn't do much more than continue the cycle of
the sort of things you don't want read.

 Jon W. Backstrom             Interactive Multimedia and Electronic Publishing
 Applied Digital Arts
 P.O. Box 176                   Internet: viking@copper.ucs.indiana.edu
 Bloomington, IN  47402-0176    UUCP: {ames,rutgers,att}!iuvax!copper!viking

vera@chook.adelaide.edu.au (Vera M) (09/27/90)

In article <60460@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>, viking@copper.ucs.indiana.edu
(Jon W. Backstrom) writes:
|> In article <1512@sirius.ucs.adelaide.edu.au>
anthony.APPLECON@csmac.cs.adelaide.edu.au (Anthony Dunstan) writes:

|> >***HyperFLAME ON***
|> >Piper, you are a moron.
|> >This group is a HyperCard group, Mr. Braindead-Piper     so naff_off
|> >And that goes for the rest of you idiots who persist on using this
newsgroup
|> >as a hardware stomping ground.
|> >***HyperFLAME OFF***
|> >---------------------------------------------------------------------------
|> >|   Anthony Dunstan             University of Adelaide Apple Consortium   |
|> >---------------------------------------------------------------------------
|>
|> Please...chill out a bit.  What are you going to run your
|> H Y P E R C A R D on anyway?  A PC perhaps??  I think it's interesting to
|> hear about regional deals and I don't mind the 10-12 articles
|> that seem to have offended your sensibilies.
|>
|> Being rude and nasty doesn't do much more than continue the cycle of
|> the sort of things you don't want read.

|>  Jon W. Backstrom             Interactive Multimedia and Electronic
Publishing
|>  Applied Digital Arts
|>  P.O. Box 176                   Internet: viking@copper.ucs.indiana.edu
|>  Bloomington, IN  47402-0176    UUCP: {ames,rutgers,att}!iuvax!copper!viking

Basically,  put forward your information on regional matters and try not
to paraphrase
other users postings, because it is boring and impedes the flow of information.

Here's to succintness and more ideas.

	Vera