[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] POLYBUTTONS for HyperCard NOW AVAILABLE!

greggor@Apple.COM (Greg L. Anderson) (10/04/90)

In article <Qb2YKgy00Uh_I2T2V2@andrew.cmu.edu> ch2i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Charles A. Hill) writes:
>I want to use the outlines of a picture to define the parameters of a
>button.  In other words, if someone clicks anywhere within the outlines
>of a picture (no matter what shape the picture is), the button will be
>activated.  I've been trying to improvise by filling all the nooks and
>crannies of the pictures with tiny buttons, but, needless to say, this
>is not an acceptable solution.

My PolyButton XFCN's are now available.  I mailed them in to info-mac
@sumex-aim last Sunday, and was going to wait for them to show up before
posting, but they're STILL not there.  (Must have a pretty big backlog,
understandably.)

I know I'm going to regret saying this, but...

If anyone wants a copy of the PolyButton XFCNs & cannot wait for them to
show up on sumex-aim, send me mail and I'll forward them to you.  The
binhex'ed file is 66K long, so please do not request these XFCNs if you
know your mailer won't take mail messages over 60K.  (The limit in most
places that have limits is 100K, but I've seen 60K limits too.)

The polybutton XFCN is really first-rate.  It has a great response time.

The polybutton editor XFCN needs a little work, but is quite servicable.

These XFCNs work with HyperCard 1.2.x and HyperCard 2.0.

This should be the answer to everyone's dreams.  I hope you find this to
be a useful hack.

  ___\    /___               Greg Anderson              ___\    /___
  \   \  /   /         Advanced Technology Group        \   \  /   /
   \  /\/\  /            Apple Computer,  Inc.           \  /\/\  /
    \/    \/               greggor@apple.com              \/    \/

--
  ___\    /___               Greg Anderson              ___\    /___
  \   \  /   /         Advanced Technology Group        \   \  /   /