[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] System 6.05

ollef@sics.se (Olle Furberg) (10/08/90)

Could someone tell me what's so special with System 6.05?

I'm forced to upgrade my MacPlus to 6.05 because HC 2.0 don't work
with any older System.

After using System 6.05 for about two weeks, I find it slow (updating windows
for exemple) and I'm also asking myself why I have so many mysterious crashes
since the upgrade.

So... Does anybody know what's in System 6.05 that HC 2.0 can't live without?

or... What is the difference between 6.04 and 6.05?

    /Olle

leonardr@svc.portal.com (Leonard Rosenthol) (10/08/90)

In article <1990Oct7.171803.12021@sics.se>, ollef@sics.se (Olle Furberg)
writes:
> Does anybody know what's in System 6.05 that HC 2.0 can't live without?

	Yes, two things.  TextEdit 3.0 and Sound Manager fixes.  HC 2.0 uses
TextEdit, the Macintosh OS text editing facility for its handling of text
in fields, etc.  TE 3.0 provides full Script Manager compatability which
means that HC 2.0 can now handle multi-lingual text in its fields.  Also,
there were changes/fixes made to the Sound Manager which HC needs...

Leonard Rosenthol
Software Ventures
--
Leonard Rosenthol