[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Printing Card from a locked stack

DN5@psuvm.psu.edu (10/09/90)

Hi Gurus:

I just found a problem with HyperCard 2.0 which pretty much makes it
useless for my intended use.

I have written a graphing routine which basically just draws on the
cards with the pencil tool.  This works fine.

Due to limitations of our networks, the stack MUST be locked.  This also
makes it easier to erase previous graphs: when you leave the card, it
is back to its virgin condition.

However, when I have graphed something, then use the menu command to print
the card, it reads it from the disk again (i.e., my graph is erased)!
Since the students MUST turn in prints of their graphs, this makes it difficult
to grade them.

Does anybody have a solution to this problem?  Basically I want the bits
that are on the screen sent to the printer.

This will be from a Mac II.

Thanks in advance, and I will post a summary for the net.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
D. Jay Newman                !  All syllogisms have three parts,
dn5@psuvm.psu.edu            !  therefore this is not a syllogism.
CBEL--Teaching and Learning Technologies Group

gandalf@apple.com (Martin Gannholm) (10/10/90)

In article <90282.114858DN5@psuvm.psu.edu> DN5@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
> I have written a graphing routine which basically just draws on the
> cards with the pencil tool.  This works fine.
He then goes on to say:
> However, when I have graphed something, then use the menu command to
print
> the card, it reads it from the disk again (i.e., my graph is erased)!

Oops, this is certainly a bug. Will be fixed in the next version, I assure
you. I have helped this gentleman find a solution, and instead of posting
it to the net I encourage anyone who *needs* this functionality *now* to
contact me via mail.

Martin Gannholm
HyperCard 2.0 Engineer
Apple Computer

Exclaimer!!!   I typed this myself = I speak for myself...