[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Dragging a selection?

a323@mindlink.UUCP (Rob McMurtry) (10/13/90)

Hello Netland.
I'm writing a script that selects an object with the selection tool
by dragging a rect. Now I want it to move the selected graphic
along the screen's width. Getting the area of graphic selected was
a breeze, but I can't make it move.
Any ideas?
Thanks for any help!

dlugose@uncecs.edu (Dan Dlugose) (10/15/90)

In article <3532@mindlink.UUCP> a323@mindlink.UUCP (Rob McMurtry) writes:
>I'm writing a script that selects an object with the selection tool
>by dragging a rect. Now I want it to move the selected graphic
>along the screen's width. Getting the area of graphic selected was
>a breeze, but I can't make it move.
    A simple drag of a graphic one time:
on mouseUp
  choose select tool
  drag from 1,1 to 90,90
  drag from 30,30 to 80,30
end mouseUp
  -- the second drag is within the first rect selected, so it moves
the object within 1,1 to 90,90.
  More likely you might want additional drags in small increments,
such as in a loop or reading the drag coordinates from a hidden field.

Dan Dlugose
UNC Educational Computing Service
--
Dan Dlugose