In article <Ab9MYYu00WB341hV1J@andrew.cmu.edu> tn07+@andrew.cmu.edu (Thomas Neudecker) writes:

   From: tn07+@andrew.cmu.edu (Thomas Neudecker)
   Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.hypercard
   Date: 24 Oct 90 12:29:24 GMT

   Is there a easy way to import a Address stack to the HyperCard 2.0
   background?

Yes -- choose the 'import...' button (or menu item, I can't remember).  It
will give you the option of importing text or an old-style address stack.

I just did it this weekend and it worked quite nicely.  My only complaint is
that while it could figure out where the zip code was in addresses of the form
    name
    address
    city, state, zip

It didn't recognize them in addresses of the form
    name
    address
    city, state
    zip

It also had some trouble with some addresses with apartment numbers and such.
It was, however, nice enough to put the entire unparsable address into the
'notes' field of such cards.
--
|-                       Peter E. Lee, Staff Assistant                       -|
|   Software Development Lab at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst    |