[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Problem with HC2 ?

ralph@computing-maths.cardiff.ac.uk (Ralph Martin) (10/31/90)

I've come across an odd problem with HyperCard 2.0. Ive got HC2, and its stacks
on one Hard Disk, and a few stacks on another Hard Disk. Sometimes, when I've
been using a stack (HyperFTP) on the second disk, HyperCard seems to get
confused - it can't find the Home stack if you click on a Home icon, and
if you double click a stack in the Finder on the second disk, Hypercard gives
error -35 (Cant find the Volume).

Something somewhere seems to be screwing up how HC keeps track of disks.

Anyone else noticed this? And/or have any useful comments to make?

Ralph

drg@mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu (David Gutierrez) (11/01/90)

In article <1990Oct31.115346.1169@computing-maths.cardiff.ac.uk>
ralph@computing-maths.cardiff.ac.uk (Ralph Martin) writes:
> I've come across an odd problem with HyperCard 2.0. Ive got HC2, and its
stacks
> on one Hard Disk, and a few stacks on another Hard Disk. Sometimes, when
I've
> been using a stack (HyperFTP) on the second disk, HyperCard seems to get
> confused - it can't find the Home stack if you click on a Home icon, and
> if you double click a stack in the Finder on the second disk, Hypercard
gives
> error -35 (Cant find the Volume).
>
> Something somewhere seems to be screwing up how HC keeps track of disks.

No answers here, but a related problem (probably).

My netnews stack is on a different volume than HyperCard 2.0. Every so
often, when I double-click on netnews reader, I get the message telling me
that the application is not found.
Also, every time I launch netnews, it takes a *long* time (45-60 seconds)
before the HyperCard menu bar appears. This also happens with other
stacks, I think, but I use netnews reader most frequently.

David Gutierrez
drg@mdaali.cancer.utexas.edu

"Only fools are positive." - Moe Howard