[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] A Better Find

Steven.Lubar@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org (Steven Lubar) (11/02/90)

I'd like a more sophisticated "find" command for hypercard (I'm still in
1.2.5).  In the latest MacUser there's a reference to somehthing called
knowledgeSet's HpyerKRS search engine.  Can anythXXXX anyone tell me how
to get alXX ahold of this--or something else like it, in the public
domain or shareware preferable...  Thanks.

--

   	Steven Lubar, Steven.Lubar@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org
   	via The Black Cat's Shack's FidoNet<->Usenet Gateway

taylorj@yvax.byu.edu (11/05/90)

In <2325.27315436@blkcat.fidonet.org>, Steven.Lubar@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org
(Steven Lubar) asks for a better find:

The latest Developer CD from Apple ("Night of the Living Disc") has a stack
that will index HyperCard stacks for faster searching.  It's free for
non-commercial use.

You might also want to check out HyperSearch from
Discovery Systems
7001 Discovery Blvd.
Dublin, OH  43017
(614) 761-2000

and HyperKRS from
KnowledgeSet Corp.
888 Villa Street, Suite 500
Mountain View, CA  94041
(415) 968-9088, (800) 456-0469
(HyperKRS is designed for stacks that dont' change much.)

and HyperHIT from
SoftStream International, Inc.
19 White Chapel Drive
Mount Laurel, NJ  08054
(609) 866-1187

Jim Taylor
Microcomputer Support for Curriculum  |
Brigham Young University              |  Bitnet: taylorj@byuvax.bitnet
101 HRCB, Provo, UT  84602            |  Internet: taylorj@yvax.byu.edu

n_hays@fennel.cc.uwa.oz.au (11/06/90)

In article <1736taylorj@yvax.byu.edu>, taylorj@yvax.byu.edu writes:
> In <2325.27315436@blkcat.fidonet.org>, Steven.Lubar@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org
> (Steven Lubar) asks for a better find:
>
> The latest Developer CD from Apple ("Night of the Living Disc") has a stack
> that will index HyperCard stacks for faster searching.  It's free for
> non-commercial use.

> Jim Taylor
> Microcomputer Support for Curriculum  |
> Brigham Young University              |  Bitnet: taylorj@byuvax.bitnet
> 101 HRCB, Provo, UT  84602            |  Internet: taylorj@yvax.byu.edu

Is this available at an FTP site anywhere?
Thanks in advance.
Neale Hays

n_hays@fennel.cc.uwa.oz.au   - University of Western Australia