[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] HC 2.0 X Mac Plus = ????????

englfz@jetson.uh.edu (11/07/90)

I've come across a problem similar to the "Link To" one posted previously.
The Link To button  feature works fine on a ci or SE/30, but on a Plus it
will work ONCE and then give the System Error "address error."  We are very
serious about incorporating stackware into our freshman curriculum, but
if HC2.0 has other, more serious compatibility problems with Pluses we'll
be forced to scrub the project.

What I guess I'm asking for are reports of any known or assumed problems
HC 2.0 has running on a Plus (standalone or more importantly over an
AppleShare Netowrk).

Thanks,

Ed

 Ed Gibler                              University of Houston
 ENGLFZ@JETSON.uh.edu                English Computer Writing Lab

gandalf@apple.com (Martin Gannholm) (11/08/90)

In article <7527.2737da42@jetson.uh.edu> englfz@jetson.uh.edu writes:
> I've come across a problem similar to the "Link To" one posted
previously.
> The Link To button  feature works fine on a ci or SE/30, but on a Plus it
> will work ONCE and then give the System Error "address error."  We are
very
> serious about incorporating stackware into our freshman curriculum, but
> if HC2.0 has other, more serious compatibility problems with Pluses we'll
> be forced to scrub the project.

We have fixed the bug mentioned, plus a few other less serious ones in the
2.0v2 release which will be the one offered by Claris. So get your order
in to the Claris toll-free number posted yesterday to upgrade your 1.x
version to 2.0v2.

Martin Gannholm
HyperCard 2.0 Engineer
Apple Computer

Exclaimer!!!   I typed this myself = I speak for myself...
..or..I never said it...Nobody heard me say it...You can't prove anything!