[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] HC 2.0 crashes

wnn@ornl.gov (Wolfgang N. Naegeli) (11/13/90)

I have had 5 or 6 crashes since switching from 1.2.5 to 2.0.
They seem to be happening almost randomly, i.e. after rebooting I can do
the same thing without a problem. Only one problem seems to be somewhat
regular so far: in 3 or 4 instances when I wanted to sitch tools
to or from the button tool (mode), my Mac IIci (with 6.0.7) locked up.
Anybody else run into this?  Have you had more crashes with 2.0 in general?

Wolfgang N. Naegeli
Internet: wnn@ornl.gov     Bitnet: wnn@ornlstc
Phone: 615-574-6143        Fax: 615-574-6141 (MacFax)
QuickMail (QM-QM): Wolfgang Naegeli @ 615-574-4510
Snail: Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6206

sherer@oucmail.cc.nd.edu (Michael Sherer) (11/16/90)

Wolfgang N. Naegeli writes:
>They seem to be happening almost randomly, i.e. after rebooting I can do
>the same thing without a problem. Only one problem seems to be somewhat
>regular so far: in 3 or 4 instances when I wanted to sitch tools
>to or from the button tool (mode), my Mac IIci (with 6.0.7) locked up.
>Anybody else run into this?  Have you had more crashes with 2.0 in
general?

I had numerous similar crashes while developing stacks until I upped my
multifinder partition to 2 megabytes.  Less would probably work, but it
appears that 1 meg is not enough for the program to run reliably under
scripting mode.  The program has been stable browsing stacks in 1 meg.

Michael Sherer                                  sherer@oucmail.cc.nd.edu
University of Notre Dame
Standard Disclaimer