[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Looking for grep- and sed-like XFNCs, tools

greggor@Apple.COM (Greg L. Anderson) (11/17/90)

In article <1990Nov13.160332.10738@pbs.org>  writes:
>I'd like to find text tools (pref. public domain) that can take regular
>expressions for filtering and misc. operations. Ideally, I'd like to
>find the equivalents of grep and sed in external functions

An almost complete 'grep' XFCN and a mostly-crippled version of sed
called 'rep' (similar to sed s/re/constant/g) can be ftp'ed from
ssyx.ucsc.edu.  Source is also available, so you could expand the
functionality if you were ambitious.

I have heard of a 'sed' XFCN (even had it in binhex form once), but
I've never tried it & don't know where I could get another copy.

--
  ___\    /___       Greg Anderson (6 kyu)      ___\    /___   . O . "Pon Nuki
  \   \  /   /     Advanced Technology Group    \   \  /   /   O . O  is ideal