[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] HC 2.0 page scroll bug fix

austin@spies.sf-bay.org (Glenn Austin) (11/13/90)

I have spent some time and tracked down the bug where page scrolling would
scroll one too many lines.  To fix this bug, patch a copy of HyperCard 2.0.

Find:    FFFC FFFE 302D BC96 D07C 0010 3940 FFE8
Replace:                     90

Or, if you have ResEdit, it is byte (hex) 544E in CODE 7.  For the curious,
it is replacing an ADD #10,D0 with SUB #10,D0.

Have fun!

| Glenn L. Austin               | "Turn too soon, run out of room,          |
| Auto Racing Enthusiast and    |   Turn too late, much better fate"        |
|   Macintosh Wizard            |   - Jim Russell Racing School Instructors |

austin@spies.sf-bay.org (Glenn Austin) (11/13/90)

This patch fixed the bug in one particular stack.  Therefore, this patch is
not really valid.  I'm still tracking down the bug and will post a new patch
when it is correct.

Sorry about that...

maller@applelink.apple.com (Steve Maller) (11/17/90)

In article <1990Nov12.174955.10599@spies.sf-bay.org>
austin@spies.sf-bay.org (Glenn Austin) writes:
> I have spent some time and tracked down the bug where page scrolling
> would scroll one too many lines.  To fix this bug, patch...

Aack! Don't do the patch; it will only work on fields with Geneva 12 as
their default font. We found that bug (thanks for pointing it out), and
2.0v2--The Claris Release now works much better.

By the way, the $49 upgrade packages will start shipping the week after
Thanksgiving...

Steve Maller                    Disclaimer: Please don't tell anyone
Software Commando                           you saw me here.
HyperCard Engineering Team
Apple Computer