[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Problem printing labels with HC 2

evan@txsil.lonestar.org (Evan Antworth) (11/22/90)

I'm trying to print my address list on sheets of labels, 3 across and
10 down, label size 1" x 2 5/8".  With HC 1.2.x this work just fine,
but I can't get HC 2 to do it properly (using Print Report). The smallest
left/right margins it allows is 0.437" and I can't seem to fiddle the
label width and column spacing to evenly space the labels across the
page. When I try to adjust the label width, it jumps in increments that
are too large, missing the precise size I want. Am I missing something
obvious (or not so obvious)?

Evan Antworth
evan@txsil.lonestar.org

gandalf@apple.com (Martin Gannholm) (11/27/90)

In article <381@txsil.lonestar.org> evan@txsil.lonestar.org (Evan
Antworth) writes:
> When I try to adjust the label width, it jumps in increments that
> are too large, missing the precise size I want. Am I missing something
> obvious (or not so obvious)?

You're missing something that isn't obvious: holding down the command key
while dragging or resizing on the mini-page in the report dialog will
change the measurements by 1/32 inch at a time, as opposed to actually
tracking the mouse on the mini page.

You may also want to check the "Larger print area" checkbox in the
LaserWriter options dialog (given that you're printing to a LW of course).

Hope this helps,

Martin Gannholm
Apple Computer

Exclaimer!!!   I typed this myself = I speak for myself...
..or..I never said it...Nobody heard me say it...You can't prove anything!

evan@txsil.lonestar.org (Evan Antworth) (11/27/90)

In article <1134@goofy.Apple.COM> gandalf@apple.com (Martin Gannholm)