[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Does HC 2.0 support multi-windos?

yuri@sanken.osaka-u.ac.jp (Yuri A. Tijerino) (11/27/90)

	I haven't been able to get a copy of HC 2.0 here in Japan yet, but I heard
a rumor that it supports multiple windows.  Is it true?  What I want to know is
if I can have more than one window showing different cards or stacks at the
same time.  In any case, can any of you out there tell me how I can change the
size of the standard HC window.  I have a large size screen and really think
that it is a waste not to be able to take advantage of it.
	Any comments or suggestions will be much appreciated.

--
		Yuri Adrian Tijerino (Ph.D student)
		The Institute of Scientific and

jdevoto@Apple.COM (Jeanne A. E. DeVoto) (11/29/90)

In article <YURI.90Nov27154511@sp4.sanken.osaka-u.ac.jp>
yuri@sanken.osaka-u.ac.jp (Yuri A. Tijerino) writes:
>I haven't been able to get a copy of HC 2.0 here in Japan yet, but I heard
>a rumor that it supports multiple windows.  Is it true?  What I want to know is
>if I can have more than one window showing different cards or stacks at the
>same time.  In any case, can any of you out there tell me how I can change the
>size of the standard HC window.  I have a large size screen and really think
>that it is a waste not to be able to take advantage of it.

Yes, HyperCard 2.0 lets you open multiple stacks at the same time, each
in its own window. You can't see multiple cards from the same stack at
the same time (each stack has exactly one window); however, there is a
"picture" command that lets you display a MacPaint or PICT-format file,
or a PICT resource within the stack, in any of several different formats.

The Stack Info dialog in 2.0 includes a "resize" button that allows you
to set the size of the stack. You can also do this from a script with
"set the rect of this card to <left,top,right,bottom>". Setting the rect
of a window makes no permanent changes to the stack (it just changes the
window size, and you can scroll around in the window); setting the rect of
a card, however, throws away everything outside the new boundaries.
--
 jdevoto@apple.com     |  You may not distribute this article under a