[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Unknown Error and XFCN/XCMD for delete file

jfmjfm@ruddles.sprl.umich.edu (John Mansfield) (11/28/90)

Unknown Error
One of my stacks has suddenly started giving an error with Hypercard 2.0.
The error is: Unknown Error 345441 and the modal dialog displaying it has one
 button QUIT!  Anyone recognize this error and is there anyway I can extract
my data from the stack?
XFCN/XCMD for delete file
Does anyone have an XFCN/XCMD for deleting a file under HC 2.0?

Thanks.

John Mansfield.

maller@applelink.apple.com (Steve Maller) (11/29/90)

In article <1990Nov28.143605.15824@engin.umich.edu>
jfmjfm@ruddles.sprl.umich.edu (John Mansfield) writes:
 > One of my stacks has suddenly started giving an error with
 > Hypercard 2.0. The error is: Unknown Error 345441 and the modal
 > dialog displaying it has one button QUIT!

This error indicates that there are internal data structures in the
stack's file that are corrupted. This probably happened because of a
catastrophic error during disk i/o. Unfortunately, this is an error for
which there is no known solution, because you can't go to a different card
of the stack.

Just for curiosity's sake, how large (in K) is the stack?

Steve Maller                    Disclaimer: Don't pay any attention
Software Commando                           to what I say; I don't.
HyperCard Engineering Team
Apple Computer