[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Can someone answer my

dan@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu (Dan Schwarz) (12/03/90)

As the happy new owner of a Mac IIsi, I now own a copy of Hypercard 2.0.
I've never been much of a Hypercard hacker, but now I think I'd like to
do some exploration of the system. I've got a few stacks which I've converted
from HC 1.2.5 and they seem to work... usually. I'd like to check out the
scripts, make changes, etc. but the new HC 2.0 doesn't seem to allow a user
to get to scripting level or whatever-it's-called very easily. I haven't
been able to figure it out, anyway. Backarrow from the Home Card only offers
me the Browsing and Typing levels.

Yeah, I know, it's probably been asked a hundred times before... but I'd
appreciate replies by Email if you can tell me how to do it. Thanks!

_dan

--
| some rise...         | Dan Schwarz, MB 2926 Brandeis U. | RECYCLE YOUR JUNK|
| some fall...         | I'NET dan@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu  |------------------|

tom@wcc.oz (Tom Evans) (12/07/90)

In article <1990Dec02.212640.12528@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu>, dan@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu (Dan Schwarz) writes:
> ...but the new HC 2.0 doesn't seem to allow a user
> to get to scripting level or whatever-it's-called very easily. I haven't
> been able to figure it out, anyway. Backarrow from the Home Card only offers
> me the Browsing and Typing levels.

Showing the Painting, Authoring and Scripting buttons is a dead simple
task taking about 10 seconds. Getting to scripting level without
needing to display these buttons (or even go to the Home Stack)
takes about 3 seconds.

I can only assume Apple put this there as an "HC-IQ" test, like getting
Tech Note #31 up in the Tech Notes Stack. Not being one to post
spoilers... :-).

I'm sure there's a reason for this, but I can't figure it out.
Tom Evans  tom@wcc.oz.au ** ADD ".au" MANUALLY (don't trust "reply") **
Webster Computer Corp P/L, 1270 Ferntree Gully Rd Scoresby, Melbourne 3179
Victoria, Australia 61-3-764-1100  FAX ...764-1179