[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] NEW: Arbitrary shaped & sticky buttons for HC 2

np@doc.ic.ac.uk (Nigel Perry) (12/10/90)

Regions and Sticky Buttons for HyperCard 2

The package contains:

Regions:
    Do you need a triangular button? A butterfly shaped one? One with
a transparent hole in the middle? For all these and more use Regions!
A Region is an arbitrary shaped windoid which can be used like a
HyperCard button, it can have handlers, be moved around etc.

Sticky Buttons:
    They look like buttons, highlight like buttons, respond to mouse
clicks and SCROLL with the text!

Picture WDEF:
    The natty WDEF behind Regions.

Picture MDEF:
    A MDEF for tear-off palette menus.

editScript XFCN:
    HyperCard 2 gave you a real script editor for objects. This allows
you to use it on field contents etc.

Plus a few more things hidden in there...

What does it cost:
    The price for this early Chistmas present?  FREE for personal use:
The package is Copyright 1990, Nigel Perry. Free for personal use and
in stacks & applications which are free. May not be used for
commercial or profit-making purposes, as an incentive to buy another
product, or in ShareWare with pagreement with the author.

Where you can get it:
   The Regions Package has been sent to macgifts@rascal and should be
available from a good archive near you soon.

I can't FTP to the States:
   Regions Package should come through c.s.m.b. If you live in the UK
I'll email the package direct to you. If you live in Europe or some
other country without good ftp access and would like it before it hits
c.s.m.b AND are prepared to distribute it within your own country then
email me, please DONT email me if you just want a single copy and
can't distribute it (unless you've got the only Mac in your country!).
Sorry about these email restrictions, but last time I offered to email
something I got swamped.

Format:
   Its packaged as a multi-part binhex of a self-extracting Compactor
archive.

Enjoy!

Happy Christmas, Nadolig LLawen

---
Nigel Perry                                  Department of Computing
                                             Imperial College
Janet: np@uk.ac.ic.doc                       London
ARPA:  np%uk.ac.ic.doc@ucl-cs                SW7
Uucp:  np@icdoc.UUCP, ukc!icdoc!np           England

leonr@cs.glasgow.ac.uk (Dr Ruben Leon) (12/14/90)

In article <2652@gould.doc.ic.ac.uk> np@doc.ic.ac.uk (Nigel Perry) writes:

>Regions and Sticky Buttons for HyperCard 2
>
>The package contains:
>
>Regions:
>    Do you need a triangular button? A butterfly shaped one? One with
(...)

Highly recomended.

Sticky Buttons is a *clever* virtual enhancement of Hypercard's model,
since fields can now be made (to appear) to contain buttons.
This one of the most awaited features, has arrived at last,
albeit through the back door!  In addition to its application value
this is academically relevant.

The Regions package is a *brilliant*  application of the bitmap
to region which takes advantage of HC2 Xternal windows, well
thought out and properly done with script editing to handle events,
and much more. Future enhancement could make this  a good vehicle for
handling colour from HC.

--
Dr.R.E. Leon,Computing Science Dept || Tel: 44 41+ 330 4264  / 330 4463
Glasgow University, Scotland	    || Fax: 44 41+ 330 4913