[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Button Icons Bug

dswartz@lamar.colostate.edu (David Swartz) (01/07/91)

Here's a simple problem that probably has a simple answer, but I don't know it:

In HC 1.2.*, when you applied an icon to a button, resizing the button always
centered the icon in the button.

In HC 2.0, when you apply an icon to a button and resize the button, the icon
is not centered and is actually truncated along the top of the button when the
button is resized to be small.

Anybody else out there notice this little bug?  I don't want to redraw all my
icons with the built-in editor, but thats what I had to do for my last stack.

What gives?
Dave Swartz                          /\      /\     "Goin' where the wind don't
dswartz@red.rmhs.colorado.edu       /\/\  /\/  \     blow so strange.  Maybe
dswartz@lamar.colostate.edu        /    \/  \   \    off in some high cold
(303) 226-5626 Ext. 713         /\/     /    \   \   mountain chain."

jkc@Apple.COM (John Kevin Calhoun) (01/08/91)

In article <11984@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU> dswartz@lamar.colostate.edu
(David Swartz) writes:

>In HC 1.2.*, when you applied an icon to a button, resizing the button always
>centered the icon in the button.
>
>In HC 2.0, when you apply an icon to a button and resize the button, the icon
>is not centered and is actually truncated along the top of the button when the
>button is resized to be small.

Maybe I'm just tired today, but I can't figure out what you mean.  I've looked
back at the code for drawing buttons in HyperCard 1.2.5 and for HyperCard 2.0,
and there's no difference I can see in the way icons are centered and drawn,
except that in 2.0, the icon is guaranteed never to overflow the bounds of
the button.

Can you describe the problem again?

Kevin Calhoun
HyperCard Team