[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Printing field names in HyperCard 2.0 reports?

mnowak@itl.itd.umich.edu (Michael Nowak) (01/04/91)

We have a user who is useing HyperCard 2.0 to print a report from a stack
of students and their grades and courses.  He needs a header on each page,
as well as the names of the fields on the top of each column.  In HyperCard
1.2.5, I remember that there was a button to click to have field names
printed.  This seems to be missing in 2.0.  Is this feature hidden, or was
it lost in 2.0?  Or is there another way to do this now?

Thanks for your help.
--

Michael Nowak.

robertw@informix.com (Rob Weinberg) (01/05/91)

In article <1991Jan3.193112.28667@terminator.cc.umich.edu> mnowak@itl.itd.umich.edu (Michael Nowak) writes:
>He needs a header on each page,
>as well as the names of the fields on the top of each column.

You should be able to go into your report template, and create a new
item on the page. Define this item to be the chunk "the short name of cd field foo".
Something like that should work.

mnowak@us.cc.umich.edu (Michael Nowak) (01/08/91)

In article <1991Jan4.171021.8006@informix.com> robertw@informix.com (Rob Weinberg) writes:
>In article <1991Jan3.193112.28667@terminator.cc.umich.edu> mnowak@itl.itd.umich.edu (Michael Nowak) writes:
>>He needs a header on each page,
>>as well as the names of the fields on the top of each column.
>
>You should be able to go into your report template, and create a new
>item on the page. Define this item to be the chunk "the short name of cd field foo".
>Something like that should work.

But how do I put it on the page?  I only have figured out how to add new
items to the report entries (the small boxes on the page) but not on the
page itself.

--

Michael Nowak.

robertw@informix.com (Rob Weinberg) (01/11/91)

In article <1991Jan7.191142.6121@terminator.cc.umich.edu> mnowak@us.cc.umich.edu (Michael Nowak) writes:

>But how do I put it on the page?  I only have figured out how to add new
>items to the report entries (the small boxes on the page) but not on the
>page itself.

1) Choose "print report" from the File menu.
2) When the "Print Report" window appears, double-click on the page
layout image.
3) Now the "Report Items" window appears. Choose "New Item" from the
Items menu.
4)A new outline appears on the page as a result. Double-click on it,
and define the chunk, field, or whatever you want to appear in the
Item.

Hope this helps.