[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Apple System Software Update Program

hpoppe@ncar.ucar.edu (Herb Poppe) (01/10/91)

> As for pricing of System 7 and its availability to the general public,
> I've just been handed this bulletin.  It's a product update announcement
> that describes the Software Update Program, one of several ways you can
> get System Software updates from Apple...
> Licensing:
> The System Software Update Program comes with a "Right-to-Copy" license,
> permitting multiple copies of the system software and HyperCard
> application at an entire site for no additional payments.

Does it also include the right to copy the documentation? Our MacX site
license specifically denies us the right to copy MacX documentation, yet
Apple does not sell the documentation separately!

Herb Poppe             hpoppe@ncar.ucar.edu
NCAR                      (303) 497-1296
1850 Table Mesa Dr.
Boulder, CO  80307-3000

jkc@Apple.COM (John Kevin Calhoun) (01/12/91)

In article <9864@ncar.ucar.edu> hpoppe@ncar.ucar.edu (Herb Poppe) writes:

>>[stuff about the Software Update Program deleted]
>
>Does it also include the right to copy the documentation?

Sorry, I don't know.  But an Apple Dealer who can sell you a subscription
to the program is likely to know.

Kevin Calhoun
HyperCard Team
Apple Computer, Inc.