[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] ResCopy

kulp@cs.nps.navy.mil (Jeff Kulp x2174) (04/13/90)

	How do I go about getting a copy of Rescopy?  Is it available by
anonymous FTP?

Jeff Kulp
kulp@cs.nps.navy.mil

patfieldk@jordache.UUCP (Kevin M. Patfield) (01/15/91)

In article <3017@ux.acs.umn.edu>, clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu (Chaz Larson) writes:
> In article <2759@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU> tmyers@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Tim Myers) writes:
> |Excuse me if this is well known to the rest of you, but as a new
> |user of HC 2.0, I wanted to confirm whether or not there is a new
> |version of ResCopy ... I
>
> Well, I know I've seen a new version.  I just can't think of where.

Rescopy is built into the Power Tools stack that came with my (BMUG supplied)
copy of hypercard.  There's lots of other good stuff in the power tools stack
although you've got to dig a little to find it.  I particularly like the
superGrouper and the XCMD to display a scrollable list dialog box (whose name,
I think, is showList).

One peculiarity of rescopy is that it won't open itself (in the mistaken belief
that you're trying to modify the stack you're working with).  This is a bit of
a problem because of all the useful resources in the power tools stack (like
the XCMD referred to above).  To get around this you must first "save a copy"
and then you can open that with res mover and copy resources from it to your
heart's content.

By the way, having got version 2.0 from BMUG for $15 (a bargain, as I'm not
even a member) I'm a little miffed at having to ante up another $49 to get
2.0 v2 from Claris.  Does anyone know of a legal route for me to upgrade my
legally purchased 2.0 without it being considered just like an upgrade from
1.x?  (I suspect I know the answer but thought I'd ask anyway!)

--
Kevin Patfield, AG Communication Systems, Phoenix, AZ
UUCP: {ncar!noao!asuvax | uunet!zardoz!hrc | att}!gtephx!patfieldk