[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Writing XCMDS in THINK Pascal

patnaik@SNUFFLEUPAGUS.NRL.NAVY.MIL (Gopal Patnaik) (01/01/91)

Can somebody please give me step-by-step instructions in writing XCMDS/XFCNS
with Think Pascal?  I know how to do it using TURBO Pascal, but we are
switching to Think Pascal.  I am a complete novice at Think Pascal.  Also,
can somebody send me the required interface file and include files for HC
2.0.  I have found the interface file for MPW Pascal for HC 2.0, is this of
any use?  If this post is incoherent, it is because I don't really know what
I'm doing and I desperately need your help.

Thanks.
Gopal Patnaik, patnaik@snuffy.nrl.navy.mil

patnaik@SNUFFLEUPAGUS.NRL.NAVY.MIL (Gopal Patnaik) (01/16/91)

I am trying to write XCMDS/XFCNS in Think Pascal.  I have the
interface file Hypercmd.p and the library file HyperXlib.lib for HC
1.5.  I would like the same files for HC 2.0.  I have found these
files for MPW Pascal for HC 2.0 on apple.com, but I don't know if
these will work in THINK Pascal.  I have just got my copy of THINK
Pascal, so I am not yet familar with it.

Thanks.
Gopal Patnaik, patnaik@snuffy.nrl.navy.mil

majamu@uta.fi (Jari Multisilta) (01/17/91)

To: patnaik@SNUFFLEUPAGUS.NRL.NAVY.MIL
Subject: Re: Writing XCMDS in THINK Pascal
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.hypercard
Bcc:

Files what you got from apple.com will work almost as they are.
Library file (HyperXLib.o) will work as it is and interface file
will need only minor replacements. You must replace following three
lines (object -> Xobject) if you are using THINK Pascal 3.0.x.

procedure GetObjectName (paramPtr: XCmdPtr; Xobject: XTalkObjectPtr;
 var objName: Str255);

procedure GetObjectScript (paramPtr: XCmdPtr; Xobject: XTalkObjectPtr;
var scriptHndl: Handle);

procedure SetObjectScript (paramPtr: XCmdPtr; Xobject: XTalkObjectPtr;
scriptHndl: Handle);

Regards,

Jari Multisilta
Tampere Univ. of Tech.