[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Coordinate finder in HC 2.0v2? NEEDED BADLY

sm196103@seas.gwu.edu (Scott Cherkofsky) (01/24/91)

I would like to automatically paste clipart from one stack/card to another via
a script and need a utility that will make a constant output of the mouse's
coordinates in a little window so that I can mark the coordinates of the
clipart picture.

I have seen this utility before and a long time ago for HC 1.2.2 but I have
not been able to find it since.  If you have it or know where it is, I would
appreciate some information.

Thanx a bunch,

Scott--
Scott Cherkofsky			"The experience of going through
sm196103@seas.GWU.edu			 life may be intended as a warning
Mechanical Engineering student		 not to do it again."
Executive Office of the President		-- Ashleigh Brilliant

saaf@joker.optics.rochester.edu (Lennart Saaf) (01/25/91)

In article <2613@sparko.gwu.edu> sm196103@seas.gwu.edu (Scott Cherkofsky) writes:

>    I would like to automatically paste clipart from one stack/card to
> another via a script and need a utility that will make a constant
> output of the mouse's coordinates in a little window so that I can
> mark the coordinates of the clipart picture.

How 'bout something like

on idle
  if the visible of me is "true" then put the mouseloc into me
  pass idle
end idle

in your window's script? If you need it to work when the mouse is down
you can do something with "on mousedown" and "on mousestilldown."

Len
| Len Saaf, The Institute of Optics, Univ. of Rochester, Rochester, NY |
| Internet: saaf@joker.optics.rochester.edu        Bitnet: SAAF@UOROPT |

jk3t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jonathan King) (01/25/91)

sm196103@seas.gwu.edu (Scott Cherkofsky) writes:
> I would like to automatically paste clipart from one stack/card to
> another via a script and need a utility that will make a constant
> output of the mouse's coordinates in a little window so that I can
> mark the coordinates of the clipart picture.

If you can deal with the result popping up in the message box, you'll
get what you want (I think, if I understand it) by simply typint "xy"
in the message box.  This is a cute little script that hides in the
Home Stack, along with some other ("s" and "c", in particular).

Actually, there's all kinds of fun stuff in the Claris-distributed
stacks that's worth looking at.

jking