[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] A question about HC IIgs

stadler@Apple.COM (Andy Stadler) (01/25/91)

In article <3746@gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> jgsmith@bcm.tmc.edu (James G. Smith)
 writes:

>I just picked up a copy of the magazine A+ which discusses HC IIgs.  I
>noticed that the pictures compared it with HC 1.2.5.  Also, there were no
>Font or Style menus on the IIgs version.  Does/will HC IIG
>(ack) does/will hyperCard IIgs allow multiple fonts in a field.  Is there a
>simple list of how HC 2.0 wil be different from HC IIgs?

HyperCard IIGS is, for the most part, a translation of Mac HyperCard 1.2.5.
It contains -all- features of 1.2.5, plus new features for GS specific
capabilities such as color.

In addition, the HyperCard IIGS and Mac HyperCard 2.0 teams worked closely
together during the nearly-simultaneous development of the packages.  Some
of the new features from 2.0 were incorporated into HyperCard IIGS, and some
of the new features we designed for HyperCard IIGS were incorporated into
Mac HyperCard 2.0.

Unfortunately, HyperCard IIGS 1.0 does not support multiple sizes/styles/
fonts per field.  It does, on the other hand, support colored text....

Andy Stadler
HyperCard IIGS Team
Apple Computer, Inc.