[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] HyperCard 2.0 & Finder attributes on compaction

andrew@cs.uwa.oz.au (01/27/91)

When a stack is compacted by HyperCard, it loses at least some of its Finder
attributes - e.g. icon position, colour information.  Does HyperCard 2.0v2 fix
this problem?

Thanks.

Andrew.

maller@applelink.apple.com (Steve Maller) (01/29/91)

In article <1991Jan27.072716.11752@bilby.cs.uwa.oz.au> andrew@cs.uwa.oz.au
writes:
> When a stack is compacted by HyperCard, it loses at least some
> of its Finder attributes - e.g. icon position, colour information...

This is actually a bug in all pre-7.0 Finders. The fix is to make sure the
Folder containing the file is CLOSED while compacting the stack...or wait
until System 7.0.

Needless to say, the problem still exists in HyperCard 2.0v2.

Steve Maller                    Disclaimer: Don't pay any attention
Software Commando                           to what I say; I don't.
HyperCard Engineering Team
Apple Computer