[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Mark Cards Command

wilde@piper.colorado.edu (Nick Wilde) (01/27/91)

In article <48508@apple.Apple.COM> jdevoto@Apple.COM (Jeanne A. E. DeVoto) writes:

>I'll assume that you have HyperCard 2.0. In 2.0, you can mark all

[ lot of interesting stuff about marking card by finding x in field y]

>You can make the search criterion more complex, at the cost of some
>speed, by using "mark cards where" instead of "mark cards by finding";
>for instance,
>
>  mark cards where ("x" is in field 1) and ("y" is not in field 2)
>--

I was having a little trouble with this last night. What I was trying
to do was mark all the cards of a certain background. I tried the
obvious stuff (mark cards where background is "foo"), and lots of
variants of that, but really coudn't get the mark command to
deal with an expression involving the background in any way. What
I finally ended up doing was searching for "not empty" in a particular
field that I know is  on the background... i.e. (mark cards where
bkgnd field "foofield" is not empty). Is there a better or more
direct approach I'm missing ?

Thanx -Nick

Henry.Halff@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org (Henry Halff) (01/30/91)

>...What I was trying
>to do was mark all the cards of a certain background....

mark cards where "foo" is short name of this bg

--

        Henry Halff, Henry.Halff@f421.n109.z1.fidonet.org
      via The Black Cat's Shack's FidoNet<->Usenet Gateway